[chef] Re: Re: Announcing Berkshelf - Manage your Cookbooks like your gems

  • From: Bryan Berry < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Announcing Berkshelf - Manage your Cookbooks like your gems
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 11:08:00 +0200

Hey Jamie,

Awesome work!

How does berkshelf compare to librarian-chef?

afaict, it uses a different mechanism to store and link to them, this gets around the issue of when you want to edit a cookbook managed by librarian, you can't really do that w/out using :path and then `librarian-chef install && librarian-chef update`  You've also got groups which looks like a very neat feature

What else is different?