[chef] Re: Setting up HA applications

  • From: Jay Feldblum < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Setting up HA applications
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 09:52:19 -0400

Stanisław,

You don't have to manage data bag items, or the pre-generated passwords in them, by hand. You can certainly write an application, a CLI, or a knife plugin around describing the data bag items for your various mysql clusters. The tool can create the data bag item with a pre-generated password (and probably other details), without you having to do it by hand.

Cheers,
Jay