[chef] RE: Re: Setting up HA applications

  • From: "Pitucha, Stanislaw Izaak" < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] RE: Re: Setting up HA applications
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 14:06:41 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US

Actually I’d like to get rid of that part too. What I want to achieve is the cluster type being defined in a role and all nodes “just working” with each other if they’re in the same environment.

That means I don’t want to have the “data bag items for your various mysql clusters”. Well – at least not one that contains more information than just the vIP used by that cluster.

Cluster sizes can be known from a cluster type. Other addresses can be auto-discovered. Usernames / schemas can be taken care of on any host. It’s the automatic passwords assignment that I’d like to simplify.

With a single node that’s possible already using the standard mysql cookbook. Now I’d like to extend that level of automation to the HA setup.

Regards,

Stanisław Pitucha

Cloud Services
Hewlett Packard