[chef] Re: Re: rabbitmq connection error on newly installed chef server

  • From: Haim Ashkenazi < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: rabbitmq connection error on newly installed chef server
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 20:33:27 +0300

Thanks Andy, I'll give it a try.

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 3:34 PM, Andy Gale < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Haim Ashkenazi
< "> > wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've just installed chef server from gems on ubuntu 10.04 (like I did
> numerous times before) but this time something went wrong, chef-server
> refuses to start because of errors connecting to rabbitmq:

The default rabbitmq configuration isn't working along with the
rubygems install anymore. You need a few more settings for it to work
now I think.

I just adjusted my bootstrap script to use the rabbitmq cookbook to
address the problem:

https://github.com/salgo/chef-server-bootstrap/blob/master/bootstrap.sh

I know that doesn't directly address your question but might help get
you up and running.

Cheers,

Andy

--