[chef] Re: Version locking a cookbook in environment AND role

  • From: Peter Donald < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Version locking a cookbook in environment AND role
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 05:54:30 +1000

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 5:26 AM, DV < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
I'm having trouble version locking a cookbook in the environment AND
role at the same time.

In my environment file I have:

cookbook "java", "= 0.0.10"

In my role I have:

run_list(
    " ",

It looks like you are attempting to lock them to different versions so I am not surprised that this does not work. It can not satisfy both constraints. (But note I have not tried it out). What version of the java cookbook do you expect a node in that environment with that role to use?

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald