[chef] Chef-client slow on Windows

  • From: Madhurranjan Mohaan < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Chef-client slow on Windows
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 22:56:50 +0530

Hi,

We've had a couple of other threads last year around this . Now that I am working with a bigger team with chef on windows, one constant complaint has been the slowness of running chef-client . It takes around 20seconds to show "Chef client run started" ( the starting line )  and then another 10-15 seconds where the plugins are loaded and the recipes are cached and then the actual client run happens. Based on the other threads ,we've disabled a whole bunch of plugins but we're facing this issue. Running knife commands are also very slow. We're on Windows 2008 server or Windows 7 machines.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Ranjan