[chef] Re: Re: Re: Yum package provider always succeeding

  • From: Daniel DeLeo < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Yum package provider always succeeding
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 08:41:50 -0700

On Saturday, October 27, 2012 at 12:42 PM, Jason Boxman wrote:

Sure, but I am using the community cookbooks for several things and no
version is set for those; I certainly could modify each recipe in
turn, but I wanted to avoid that.
I'm not sure it's any better than modifying the recipes, but you can get a reference to a previously defined resource with code like this:

    pkg = resources(:package => "tmux")

And then you can set a version on it:

    pkg.version("1.2.3")

Or set `ignore_failure(true)` on it.

One way to structure this is to have a local cookbook that depends on the upstream one, and runs the upstream cookbook via `include_recipe`. After the `include_recipe` statement, use code like the above to modify the resources in question.

HTH,

--
Daniel DeLeo