[chef] Cookbook documentation and yard-chef

  • From: "steve ." < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Cookbook documentation and yard-chef
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 17:05:09 -0700

Hi everybody,

I was thinking about how to ensure that people are documenting their cookbooks and came across a YARD Chef plugin that the folks at Rightscale were working on (and may have abandoned?) about a year ago.

Anyway, it almost pretty much was in a working state so I gave it an extra push and now have it serving documentation sites off of a Chef repository and generating documentation coverage statistics.

So, if you haven't solved this problem for yourself already, take a look:

https://github.com/leftathome/yard-chef

If you _have_ solved this problem already in a much more awesome way, I'd love to hear about it and hopefully follow your example!