[chef] Re: Question about recipes

  • From: William Herry < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Question about recipes
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 23:37:09 +0800

it will not run again the second time chef runs, most of resources are and every time chef client runs, it will chef the resource status, if it is not we expected(like package is not been installed), it will take the action to bring that part to the status we expected, if it is already in the status we expected(like package already installed), it will do nothing

about config file and service, you may want to use notifies, which mainly means when config file changes, send some single(like restart) to the service resource

hope this help