[chef] Re: Re: Re: Question about recipes

  • From: Daniel DeLeo < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Question about recipes
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 07:54:28 -0800

On Monday, November 5, 2012 at 7:45 AM, Jens Skott wrote:

Can you perhaps explain a bit more about the notifies or/and send me
some info where to find it in the wiki if possible? =)
Just want the config files to deploy when I updates them and if thay
have been updated restart the service, else exit 0.
I know how to do it in bash, just not in ruby(chef) yet.

Here's the section on this in the new docs:
http://docs.opscode.com/resource_common.html#notifications

And the previous set of docs on the wiki:

http://wiki.opscode.com/display/chef/Resources#Resources-Notifications

By the way, any feedback on the new docs would be really helpful.

Thanks and HTH,

--
Daniel DeLeo