[chef] Re: knife ec2 ssh and windows 2008

  • From: Chirag Jog < >
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: knife ec2 ssh and windows 2008
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 15:05:33 +0530

Hello Daniel,
Currently knife-ec2 does not support winrm-based bootstrapping ability for Windows servers. Although there are discussions/pull-requests  going on regarding the optimal way of providing support . Infact, we have worked on adding this support recently; here is the pull request, I had submitted recently for the same: https://github.com/opscode/knife-ec2/pull/77 . Also here is the existing discussion around it : http://tickets.opscode.com/browse/KNIFE_EC2-87

Alternately you can use my knife-ec2 fork : https://github.com/chirag-jog/knife-ec2/tree/OC-3428 from which the above pull request was sent for your POC.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Chirag Jog