[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: any plan for partial templates in Chef?

  • From: Andrea Campi < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: any plan for partial templates in Chef?
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 23:54:46 +0100

My colleague raised another interesting points:

* do we want to propagate all variables from the template resource down to every partial?
My guess is yes—I can't really imagine a use case where you want to hide some from a partial. Overwrite it with a different value yes, but not block it. Right?

* I have never tried, but I assume it's possible to assign a value to these variables in a template.
We need to ensure that setting a variable in a partial does *not* propagate up the chain.
In other words, I need to #dup the context before sending it to a partial.