[chef] RE: Re: Understanding the Chef philosophy

  • From: Kevin Keane (subscriptions) < >
  • To: < >
  • Subject: [chef] RE: Re: Understanding the Chef philosophy
  • Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 13:16:38 -0800

Title: RE: [chef] Re: Understanding the Chef philosophy

Ah, thanks!

You are right about the specific solution. The other way to solve the remi issue is to also use the yum repository to create it

But my question was more about the philosophy, because I've seen similar things elsewhere. So it seems to be a case-by-case decision, instead of an overriding philosophy. Good to know!

I think I'll fork the yum recipe and add support for installing from RPM. Might be a good exercise for me, if nothing else.