[chef] Re: Re: Re: Knife Bootstrap for installing anf configuring chef client

  • From: Jeremiah Snapp < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Knife Bootstrap for installing anf configuring chef client
  • Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 05:30:37 -0500

I forgot to mention that once you have chef-client installed you will be able to run "knife bootstrap" with appropriate arguments to bootstrap other nodes.

Adding the "-d" option to knife bootstrap tells knife what bootstrap template to use.

My preference is to just run knife bootstrap without "-d". That makes sure knife is installing chef-client in the most appropriate way for whatever operating system I am bootstrapping.