[chef] Merge of attributes "looping"

  • From: Tensibai < >
  • To: < >
  • Subject: [chef] Merge of attributes "looping"
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 15:33:59 +0100

Hi there,

I'm facing something strange and not understanding what's going on.

I've attributes in cookbook, role and environment, when running the node attributes ends up with a "loop"where attributes are child in loop where they should not.

Here https://gist.github.com/4118081 is the gist of my env, role, cookbook attribute file and what a knife node edit looks like after a run.

Each run adds levels to the "loop".

I'm not setting attributes within my recipes and I can't pinpoint where the problem resides.

I've tried to set env and role attributes in override instead of default with the same behavior.

If someone can help me :)

Regards,

Tensibai