[chef] Re: Re: Thoughts on service monitoring...

  • From: Andrea Campi < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Thoughts on service monitoring...
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 09:27:30 +0100

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 12:31 AM, Noah Kantrowitz < " target="_blank"> > wrote:

On Nov 21, 2012, at 1:37 PM, Jeffrey Hulten wrote:

> There are multiple ways to keep a service up from runit to bluepill, but everyone uses something different. I don't know a lot about these tools, would there be a way to make a generalized resource or an extension to the service resource that managed this?

I would really love to find some tuits to make the service resource truly a generic interface for "here is something that should be running". Right now it is kind of generic except for the things people actually use (except upstart which is included). service "whatever" do provider :runit end should totally be a thing.

+1