[chef] Re: Re: Re: Good example of a lwrp

  • From: Daniel DeLeo < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Good example of a lwrp
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 09:14:56 -0800

On Friday, November 30, 2012 at 9:10 AM, Jay Feldblum wrote:

Chef ships with a whole bunch of providers already:

Check them out for a basic idea of what writing a provider might look like.

Cheers,
Jay

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 11:42 AM, Maven User < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
OK, found the :required => true for the attributes.

But I'm not sure where to put the actual meat of this provider - suggestions?

I looked at the database cookbook and am more confused at seeing all the stuff in lib...
Here's an example of a LWRP provider that is fairly meaty but contains all the code it runs:
https://github.com/opscode-cookbooks/java/blob/master/providers/ark.rb

You can ignore the `converge_by` stuff for now, that's required for why-run support, but not necessary otherwise (just don't put the why run_supported?; true stuff in your LWRP if you don't support why-run).

--
Daniel DeLeo