[chef] Re: Delete node and client when destroying Vagrant VM

  • From: Jamie Winsor < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Delete node and client when destroying Vagrant VM
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 12:13:58 -0800

I wrote a Chef API wrapper with a clean DSL that you can find here: https://github.com/reset/ridley. You should be able to very easily destroy the client/node with just a few lines of code.

On a side note this is a good point that we don't clean up after ourselves when we destroy a Vagrant VM. I'm not sure if you are using Berkshelf or not, but I'm going to create a ticket so when using the Chef Client provisioner that there is a configurable option to enable "clean up" on destroy.

--
Jamie Winsor
@resetexistence