[chef] documented breaking changes within the chef 10 releases?

  • From: Jesse Campbell < >
  • To: chef < >
  • Subject: [chef] documented breaking changes within the chef 10 releases?
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 10:50:02 -0500

Anyone know if there's a list of breaking changes and major improvements between 0.10.6 and now (10.16.2)?

So far I've discovered:
- an array of nodes (returned from search) used to be able to be sorted with .sort, now that fails. Not in any release notes I've found, not sure when it changed.
- value_for_platform_family (added in 0.10.10) not listed in the release notes for 0.10.10

Wondering what else I may get bitten by?

(A note on the first one here: I realize that comparing node objects doesn't make much sense, and instead comparing the *names* of the nodes should be done, but other devs in my group didn't think of that, and now their recipes are breaking)