[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: notifies on resource not notifying

  • From: Seif Attar < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: notifies on resource not notifying
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 23:19:11 +0000

On 28 December 2012 21:26, Daniel DeLeo < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
Looking forward to it. This behavior is pretty odd considering that we have a test for just the behavior you're using:

Yeah, I think it must be something to do with windows, I have a lot of failing tests on windows.

I have updated the gist with the output of those values:

https://gist.github.com/4400257#file-log-txt-L13-L14

Thanks btw, I didn't you can specify a line range in github, very handy.

I forgot how I got there, but I think this is the cause of the problem:

https://github.com/opscode/chef/blob/master/lib/chef/provider/file.rb#L148-L153

The file resource suffers from the same bug (tried replacing the template with a file :delete and that didn't trigger notify either)

Not sure. My mail client adds them by default, but they started showing up before I joined the conversation. I don't know anything about our list software, so I'm not sure if it's the culprit.

I use the gmail web ui on windows and I never saw it do such a thing, but it adds the Re: on this mailing list even when I reply to emails. The option to change the subject in the gmail client says that will start a new conversation. Weird, as I haven't seen such behaviour with other mailing lists.

Again, thanks a lot for you help.