[chef] Issue with omni-server defaulting to 443/80

  • From: Jesse Nelson < >
  • To: chef < >
  • Subject: [chef] Issue with omni-server defaulting to 443/80
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 07:15:10 -0800

Im trying to stand up omni server within vagrant, but I want to forward  high ports from my host to the omni ui. When I do this the omni server is redirecting my requests to port 8443 and squashing the request (actually i think the login page generates a non relative login button). Anyhow The short/quick fix is to configure omni chef to use some high port for the api/webui stuff. I looked around, and cant find where to set the desired port in omni chef-server. Maybe someone can enlighten me?

I just "fixed" it with an ipfw rule for now, but that i consider to be a bigger hack :)

Thanks,
Jesse