[chef] chef server 11 version number in rpm package?

  • From: Jesse Campbell < >
  • To: chef < >
  • Subject: [chef] chef server 11 version number in rpm package?
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 10:42:34 -0500

I'm guessing someone else has already reported this, but we installed a new chef 11 server using the omnibus method on centos 6.3 on monday, and the end result is this package installed:
chef-server.x86_64      11.0.2-1.el6

and it all just seems to work out of the box! Yay!

My coworker noticed this on the management screen:
Version 11.0.0.alpha.1 — Copyright © 2009-2013 Opscode

Is this just a string that didn't get updated, or does the package we installed hold server 11.0 alpha 1?