[chef] Bootstrapping ubuntu with AWS auto scaling group - omnibus update

  • From: Edward Sargisson < >
  • To: chef < >
  • Subject: [chef] Bootstrapping ubuntu with AWS auto scaling group - omnibus update
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 00:59:59 -0800

Hi all,
My much treasured ubuntu user-data auto scaling script (based on a script provided on this list) died last night with dependency issues with net-ssh. I have modified it to use the Chef omnibus method and the result is now here should you need it.

http://www.trailhunger.com/blog/technical/2013/02/08/keeping-an-amazon-elastic-compute-cloud-ec2-instance-up-with-chef-and-auto-scaling-omnibus-update/

Cheers,
Edward

  • [chef] Bootstrapping ubuntu with AWS auto scaling group - omnibus update, Edward Sargisson, 02/08/2013