[chef] Chef 10.18 to CHEF 11 upgrade problem

  • From: Philippe Bérard < >
  • To: < >
  • Subject: [chef] Chef 10.18 to CHEF 11 upgrade problem
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 16:02:51 +0100

I’m getting in a strange problem just after upgrading from chef 0.10.18 to chef 0.11.

I had CHEF installed through Ubuntu 12.04 regular packages and updated to CHEF by installing the “chef-server_11.0.4-1.ubuntu.12.04_amd64.deb” package, stopping rabbitmq and then launching “chef-server-ctl reconfigure”.

I had at first problem with chef-server-webui as my 10.18 installation was running through Apache 2 and the DEB install runs NGINX.

But, then, the old configuration is lost : no more cookbooks, databags, roles, environments and nodes.

Is it a normal situation, and I have to re-create or import all those elements, or is there any other robust path to follow to upgrade my 10.18 CHEF to 11 ? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Philippe Bérard
Administrateur Systèmes

Tel : +33 (0)1 39 23 31 17
Mob : +33 (0)6 01 27 87 86
Fax : +33 (0)1 39 55 47 56

58, Rue Pottier
78150 Le Chesnay
www.jalios.com

JALIOS

P Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement, merci de n'imprimer ce message qu'en cas de nécessité.