[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CHEF-3930: Run apt-get update automagically if apt-get install fails

  • From: Pete Cheslock < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CHEF-3930: Run apt-get update automagically if apt-get install fails
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 19:24:32 -0500

I would be +1 for this - in a previous life we had to often run apt-get update two or three times in a run just to cover edge cases when a solution like this could have helped us or made things as least less repetitive during a chef run.

-Pete

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 7:20 PM, John E. Vincent (lusis) < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 6:44 PM, Andrea Campi
< "> > wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 12:19 AM, Bryan McLellan < "> > wrote:

Is anyone opposed to the idea of it simply being a flag, that in the
case of a missing package, apt-get update or yum update is called and
a single retry is performed? That would likely solve 95% of the
problems I have when this happens.