[chef] Re: Workstation 11 Installation Questions

  • From: Ranjib Dey < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Workstation 11 Installation Questions
  • Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 11:39:19 -0800

What chef server you are using hosted, private or the opensource one? Opensource chef server does not have organizatons. The workstation is simply a client installation, except that you will be using knife in stead of chef-client (optionally ). Just like chef client you will need a config file for the knife tool also , and preferably you will be using an admin chef client certificate, which will allow you to perform write operations (like upload, edit, delete etc) against the chef server.

So, workstation is simply a chef client with admin privileges, and you'll be using knife instead of chef-client.
regards
ranjib