[chef] installing chef-client from rpm package

  • From: Kirill Timofeev < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] installing chef-client from rpm package
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 15:59:16 -0700

Folks,

I've created binary package for centos to install chef-client. As part of setup it starts chef-client. Configuration is created by separate wrapper script, so runlist on 1st run is not empty. And now I'm experiencing issues with cookbooks, that install packages, since you can't explicitely install rpm package from package scripts of another rpm package due to locking issues.

Please let me know if there are good workarounds for this. I'm thinking of delayed start for chef-client but I don't like this approach.

Thanks,
Kirill.

  • [chef] installing chef-client from rpm package, Kirill Timofeev, 03/13/2013