[chef] Downgrade your ridley gem if berks upload doesn't work

  • From: Kevin Nuckolls < >
  • To: chef < >
  • Subject: [chef] Downgrade your ridley gem if berks upload doesn't work
  • Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 22:03:45 -0500

There's a regression in the newest version of ridley, 0.8.4, or one of it's dependencies that breaks `berks upload`. It caused me a few hours of anguish today tracking down the solution, so I decided to go ahead and let everyone know so no one else has to debug it as well.

https://github.com/RiotGames/ridley/issues/74

Just put this in your Gemfile and you'll be good to go.

gem 'ridley', "0.8.3"

-Kevin