[chef] Re: Re: RE: Re: Re: Appending to an existing file, i.e nginx site

  • From: Andrea Campi < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: RE: Re: Re: Appending to an existing file, i.e nginx site
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 18:15:26 +0100

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 8:53 PM, AJ Christensen < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
All,

In the case of Ubuntu (and Debian, I suppose), this probably trickles
down to Mint as well, Heavy Water operations often find that the
defaults are poorly constructed examples copied straight from the
source code of the original software; even moreso could cause great
damage if deployed and used in a system without understanding the
implications of defaults.

I definitely don't hold my vendor in such high regard! Frankly; I'd
like to strip or bypass config files (& service definitions) out of
packages altogether. The asset-bundle or omnibus-stack packages we
build are generally created in this manner.

Hear hear! I definitely trust more the Chef community to come up with reasonable defaults--and still expect to have to tweak it.

Andrea