[chef] Re: Chef is slow on windows

  • From: Peter Norton < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Chef is slow on windows
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 15:31:51 -0400

You can selectively remove some ohai plugins if you don't need their data.  The most common example for this that I've noticed on this list is removing the passwd plugin which gets a list of users from your naming service (AD, I'd guess): http://wiki.opscode.com/display/chef/Disabling+Ohai+Plugins.  Basically something like crawling for users in your AD server could be the cause of your slowness, so you can try excluding passwd and see if it works for you and your cookbooks, and if it does, then problem solved.  If not, try other plugins one-at-a-time until you have success.

-Peter