[chef] Preventing the deletion of cache when running chef-client -o

  • From: Chris Sibbitt < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Preventing the deletion of cache when running chef-client -o
  • Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 20:04:17 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-CA, en-US

Hi Chefs.

When I do a `chef-client –o just_one_cookbook` it removes all the other cookbooks from the cache because they are “no longer needed on this client”. Then next time a scheduled run occurs all the cookbooks get downloaded again. For various reasons I’d rather this didn’t happen.

I tried putting this in the client.rb file:

cache_options({ :skip_expires => true})

But it does not affect this behavior.

Can anyone point me to a way of preventing this cache cleanup when using an run_list override?

Thanks!