[chef] Re: Re: Re: Assigning passwords to VMs

  • From: AJ Christensen < >
  • To: chef < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Assigning passwords to VMs
  • Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 09:04:37 +1300

 Put it in json or a data-bag and use that during convergence. Write a script to update said file.

Cheers,

AJ

On 4 April 2013 06:09, Alex Abraham < " target="_blank"> > wrote:

Yes, Brian.

So, what we want to do is to have the user go thru chef to provision and configure VMs.

So, as the users do this, we want the user to have the ability to enter a password that will be assigned to the VM they are creating. No idea how to do this.  If we can at least get an approach to how to go about doing this, that will be a good start.

Regards,
Alex.