[chef] Re: Re: Re: Call for Testing: significant changes made to minitest-handler-cookbook

  • From: David Petzel < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Call for Testing: significant changes made to minitest-handler-cookbook
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 11:20:50 -0400

If the path is anything other than what it is now, it will eventually create work to update existing cookbooks. I'm not suggesting its a huge undertaking, but at the same time is some level of effort.

What's the case where it becomes more complicated? The code, or the user experience? I can see it complicating the code path slightly, but since we are already using attributes to control the file pattern to search for as well as where to copy them too it feels like a natural extension to what has already been configured via attributes.

Again, its not a huge deal, but I did want to pose the question while the thought was fresh in my mind.

BTW, I *really* like the new functionality that picks up tests for recipes that were run via include_recipe.