[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Documenting Cookbooks

  • From: "steve ." < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Documenting Cookbooks
  • Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 11:50:14 -0700

I've used it successfully by following the README.  However, if you don't populate your cookbooks' metadata.rb, you won't see anything exciting.

I really like the idea of yard-chef, but in order for it to become truly, indispensably awesome we'd need for it to document attributes from a comment immediately preceding the first mention of the attribute and to parse a recipe's commented preamble as a docstring.  Those both seem to be pretty common patterns of usage both inside and outside our organization.

(and I'm another believer in making the code conform to what people are doing instead of the other way around, whenever possible ... :D )