[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Documenting Cookbooks

  • From: Brian Akins < >
  • To: chef < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Documenting Cookbooks
  • Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 06:46:20 -0400

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 7:42 AM, Mike < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
And until Chef Server has _anything_ to do with attributes in
metadata.rb, they are just "spam" and non-canonical, duplicated
attributes that may fall from accuracy/sync as time goes by.

+1

This is why I'm -1 on any documentation "standard" that  says put the documentation in some place other than in the attributes file. I've seen cookbooks here and there that have "documentation" in metadata.rb that has drifted from the attributes file(s).