[chef] Re: Re: Version contraints in metadata

  • From: Gavin Sandie < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Version contraints in metadata
  • Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 16:01:36 +0100

On 26 April 2013 17:54, Matthew Moretti < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
I think, in this case, you'll want to just specify each version:
supports "ubuntu", "= 11.04"
supports "ubuntu", "= 11.10"
supports "ubuntu", "= 12.04"

Thanks Matt sounds sensible, I'll test it out.

The docs are a little incorrect, you're right.  They suggest that
supports 'ubuntu', ">= 8.04"
will "...support versions of Ubuntu between 8.04 and 9.10" which is not the case (perhaps it was when they were written?).  It used to be the case that you could specify multiple versions on one platform, but as you can see from the error message, that's been deprecated.

I'll stick in a PR to update the docs if the above works ok :)