[chef] Re: What to do if community cookbooks not suitable. What are my options?

  • From: Josiah Kiehl < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: What to do if community cookbooks not suitable. What are my options?
  • Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 10:33:06 -0700

First I evaluate whether using the community cookbook is close enough to save me effort. If so, I fork the cookbook, make my edits and contribute a patch back to the maintainer. If the maintainer is no longer active, I maintain my fork.  If the cookbook is completely off, I'll start from scratch and write my own cookbook.