[chef] Know if a node is shutted down (or not).

  • From: Jacobo García < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Know if a node is shutted down (or not).
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 13:44:01 +0200

Hello chefs,

I am interested in learning how to get through chef/ohai the state of a node. This means to know if a node is turned off or on.

Some of my recipes use chef search and since I am using a cloud infrastructure provider is pretty typical that I have nodes turned off but registered in chef. This sometimes does not play nice resulting in configuration of services that include nodes that idealistically should not be included.

Thanks in advance.

Jacobo García López de Araujo