[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Chef 11.6 Windows, error with templates?

  • From: Daniel DeLeo < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Chef 11.6 Windows, error with templates?
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 14:14:41 -0700

On Monday, July 29, 2013 at 12:52 PM, Brian Anderson wrote:

Hm... I must have missed something. I don't know what you are referring to when you say "As Andrew said". But, that bug does make perfect sense.

This reply:

http://lists.opscode.com/sympa/arc/chef/2013-07/msg00418.html

For now I'm installing 11.4.4 and that is keeping things happy. I'll have to think about whether or not we want to go through and do conditional paths on all of our code (Our infrastructure is about an 80/20 mix of Linux/Windows, so having /etc/ is correct for most use cases).

Thanks!
brian
A probably-minor thing, but Windows uses the drive of the CWD for ambiguous paths like that, so /etc can mean c:\etc or n:\etc (for example) depending on your CWD. We plan to standardize this to system drive in the future:

http://tickets.opscode.com/browse/CHEF-4427

--
Daniel DeLeo