[chef] Re: Re: Re:

  • From: Andy Gale < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re:
  • Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 17:03:33 +0100

Jesse + all,

Thanks, yes once I learnt how to put subjects in my emails (oops), converting it all to Chef Server 11 seemed the only sensible way to go. Looks like I can rescue the immediate situation with Rackspace's isolated cloud networks feature.

Cheers,

Andy

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 2:15 PM, Jesse Campbell < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
If I were you, I'd use a knife download tool to extract all the everything from that server, install chef 11, and upload everything back in.

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 5:51 AM, Steffen Gebert < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
Hi,

> The API calls are all signed and (AFAIK) encrypted
AFAIK (very sure) they're NOT encrypted, that's why you're advised to
setup an HTTPS proxy in front of the chef server.
Chef 11 ships an nginx that does the SSL termination.

Yours
Steffen

--
Andy Gale