[chef] Re: Re: The Application Cookbook Pattern vs. String / Node Attribute Interpolation in Attributes files

  • From: Torben Knerr < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: The Application Cookbook Pattern vs. String / Node Attribute Interpolation in Attributes files
  • Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 16:30:45 +0200

I also played around with `include_attribute` in the recipe, in the attributes file etc. but couldn't make it work. I also tried renaming my application cookbook and attribute files so that they come alphabetically before "java", but that didn't make any difference too (surely because of the `include_recipe "java"`).

I'm looking forward to the workaround mentioned by Noah, couldn't find it via Google so far.

Btw: have you considered forking and "fixing" the Java cookbook rather than duplicating the attributes logic?