[chef] Is there a low-key test framework?

  • From: Russell Bateman < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Is there a low-key test framework?
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 11:34:46 -0600

I've got recipe code that's pure Ruby, assembling information from attributes, data bags, etc. that's then consumed by more Cheffy code.

I'm looking for a way to "contribute" the plainer Ruby parts to a script that would exercise them.

At present, I simply have those bits copied out into stand-alone scripts I can run.

I'm new to Chef and to Ruby. I'm having fun, but I'm getting serious now about using the very recipes I've been writing in a genuine production environment.

I'd like a suggestion or two pointing me to some simple frameworks, even if they tested Chef in addition to mere Ruby code.

Thanks,

Russ