[chef] ruby_block documentation wrong; how to set up a RunContext?

  • From: Brian Hatfield < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] ruby_block documentation wrong; how to set up a RunContext?
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 14:23:06 -0400

I have a library that needs to set up a raw ruby resource, similar to how it's documented here: http://docs.opscode.com/chef/resources.html#ruby-block. Unfortunately, part of that is setting up the RunContext, which I cannot find properly documented anywhere.

The code snippet `run_context = Chef::RunContext.new(node, {})` fails with an ArgumentError `wrong number of arguments (2 for 3)`, which after looking at the raw RunContext code, is correct - it wants a third, undocumented argument called "events".

How do I instantiate such an object to pass to the RunContext so I can get my resource to work correctly? Can someone point me at some documentation or an example for this?

Thank you!
Brian