[chef] Re: RE: RE: Re: Chef : the definitive date ?

  • From: Ranjib Dey < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: RE: RE: Re: Chef : the definitive date ?
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 01:23:15 -0700

i dont find anything wrong in that. chef is still evolving rapidly. unlike puppet, chef has always grown as a tool, + community + various forms of extensions (cookbooks/knife plugins/handler etc). there are so many features, enhancements coming in every releases... that you may not want to publish a definitive guide so soon . .. also for one who is in dire need, there are ample stuff in wiki btw. learnchef, docs etc.

i recently did a review on one of the book, and this was very evident. most of the books that u'll have now will not cover lot of new stuff.  without that you can not call a book definitive guide. or pro chef (whatever).

again, i am not sure if this is the case here (may be something totally different), only he can answer that. but my point is , given if we need something, we must do it ourselves, or help some one who doing it.

we did a foodfightshow on the same. i think we need more concrete stuff . we can have an opensource Chef book, that community can write collaboratively :-)
best
ranjib