[chef] Re: Re: Can I use spiceweasel for admin a localnet services or it is a overkill and ...

  • From: Vladimir Skubriev < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Can I use spiceweasel for admin a localnet services or it is a overkill and ...
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 10:34:46 +0400

29.10.2013 21:21, Torben Knerr пишет:

Hi Vladimir,

You could do that with Vagrant as well. Vagrant has providers e.g. for different cloud services, for local vm hosts like virtualbox or vmware or lxc, but also for managed servers (i.e. bare-metal / no VMs).

I thought that vagrant is only for testing and development purposes.

Are you use vagrant with other than vbox provider to deploy production servers ?

Do you think that vagrant is a better tool than lxc cookbook and knife-lxcremote plugin ?

The advantage is that you can use the same descriptor (Vagrantfile) and the same cli tools (vagrant up, etc) for local, cloud and bare metal deployments.

Hmm baremetal is very good. I must read about this.

Works well for simple deployments, e.g. few VMs, no autoscaling, etc..

Of course. Now I interested only in simple deployments.

Cheers,
Torben

--
Best regards,