[chef] Is Berkshelf vagrant plugin are usable only with a application cookbooks instead of pure site cookbooks ?

  • From: Vladimir Skubriev < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Is Berkshelf vagrant plugin are usable only with a application cookbooks instead of pure site cookbooks ?
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 16:31:10 +0400

Now I suppose to use Berks and reading documentation at off site.

Most important information on off site wiki is to use vagrant berks plugin.

I was never used vagrant, but I want to use recently (near future).

Is Berkshelf vagrant plugin are usable with a application cookbooks instead of pure site cookbooks (Is I'am right)?

I cannot undertsand how they are related ?

Vagrant do a provision, Berks do a manipulation with cookbooks, download it from anywhere and puts in configured directory.

What else it does ?

--
Best regards,

CVision Lab System Administrator