[chef] Re: RE: RE: Newlines in templates

  • From: Martha Greenberg < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: RE: RE: Newlines in templates
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 01:02:20 +0200

Are you using Git?  If so, it is converting the checked out files for you.  See:

https://help.github.com/articles/dealing-with-line-endings

On Nov 5, 2013, at 21:17, "THARP, JOSHUA L" < "> > wrote:

Let me try to be more precise.

I’m reusing the simple_iptables community cookbook. That cookbook has a template that it uses to create the actual iptables configuration file. If I “knife cookbook upload simple_iptables” from a Windows machine and then use its LWRP from my cookbook (which has no templates of its own) the resulting iptables configuration file ends up with DOS newlines.

It seems like Chef should alter the type of newlines when a node is converged so that if you are converging a Linux box you get LF and a Windows box you get CR-LF.