[chef] Re: OSS chef-server

  • From: Joseph Smith < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: OSS chef-server
  • Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 21:04:22 -0800

Hi BK,

What's the output of hostname -f?

Have you followed the instructions for setting up a test environment without adding it to DNS as specified here:

js

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 7:45 PM, BK Box < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
Ohai,

So I have been trying to spin up a new chef-server to test things out, but it is only temporary, so I have no need for an actual DNS entry to be setup. Although, no matter what configuration item I change it never downloads the cookbook from the IP address:

I have tried the following changes in the chef-server.rb and confirmed the settings are actually changed after a reconfigure:

api_fqdn "1.2.3.4"

#nginx['server_name'] = "chef.example.com"
nginx['server_name'] = "1.2.3.4"
nginx['url'] = "https://1.2.3.4"
chef_server_webui['web_ui_admin_user_name'] = "admin"

bookshelf["vip"] = node["ipaddress"]
bookshelf["url"] = "https://#{node['ipaddress']}"

I even recursively grepped all of /var/opt/chef-server to find the domain and change it from domain to IP and restarted.

Nothing.

Has anyone used OSS chef-server with just the IP of the server?

Thanks.
--
BK Box