[chef] Re: Re: OSS chef-server

  • From: BK Box < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: OSS chef-server
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 07:01:12 -0800

Hi Joseph,

Yes I followed those instructions, but the problem I'm having is from the node being bootstrapped. The node installs chef, registers with the chef-server, and starts the run_list. When it gets to the point to sync the cookbooks, the server responds with the location of the cookbooks at the domain instead of the IP address. Since the domain is not valid, the bootstrapped node cannot resolve it and fails. I could set an /etc/hosts on the new node, but that doesn't fix my problem of build and bootstrap with one command.