[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: delayed evaluation?

  • From: John Alberts < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: delayed evaluation?
  • Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 13:07:30 -0800

Interesting thought.  Sounds like a new weekend project. :)

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 11:19 AM, John Keiser < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
I wonder if there is a chef_sugar-ish solution we could build for this--it's awfully common.  I suspect it is possible to write a "all_together_resource" resource that let you write:

all_together do
  lsdir = 0
  (1..2).each do |count|
    ruby_block "ls /tmp" do
      block do
        lsdir = %x[ls /tmp]

    file "/tmp/file#{count}.txt" do
      content lsdir

This would create an all_together_resource resource which will execute the entire block in its action :run, with each resource running immediately as soon as the resource is declared.